Posts

4/2: Finishing our A.I. Syllabus Statement

Today will be our last day working in-class on the A.I. Syllabus Statement. In the service of finishing this assignment, here’s a roadmap of today’s plan:

1. Get into groups you established last class around one of the questions that serve as subheadings in our A.I. Syllabus Statement.
  2. Complete the answer to your question. As a reminder, each subsection should be about 2 paragraphs long.
  3. Once all groups have completed their sections, we will take time reading the entire syllabus statement together. We will make final revisions together, as a class. We may look at UCLA’s Guidance for the Use of Generative A.I. as a model for some of what we can do.

ANNOUNCEMENT

Our next class on Thursday, April 4, is cancelled. Andrea will be in Spokane, WA at a conference.

HOMEWORK

DUE TUESDAY, April 9: I’m using this planned time off to ask us all to reflect on the writing and collaboration we’ve done throughout the semester. You began by writing collaboratively in, what I’ll call, a traditional sense, writing a single document together like Ede & Lunsford, Efthymiou & Zea, and McNamee & Miley. You then moved to consider the kinds of agency you have in our more technology-driven writing environments, thinking about the writing you do when intra-acting with human and non-human agents (Cooper). Finally, we’ve just finished thinking about and sometimes writing with A.I. What kind of collaborative writing do you like the most? What methods of collaboration resonate with you as a writer? Do you prefer independent writing to collaborative writing? Why or why not? This post should be about 300 words and reference, even if only briefly, one of our sources this semester. I invite you to use A.I. as well, and if you do, please indicate so.