About

portrait image of Andrea Efthymiou smiling outdoors

This site supports the work of ENGL 201W (section 2, #36724) at Queens College in Spring 2024. I’ve organized this course around concepts of collaborative writing in higher education. I come to this work informed by work as a writing center practitioner and researcher. In my role as director of the Queens College Writing Center, I see the impact of students supporting each other through conversations and idea-sharing around writing.

The kinds of collaboration that I value in the writing center are similar to what I foster in this class. Students are introduced to the history of collaboration in western education and contemporary theories of collaborative writing and agency. I’ve structured assignments to encourage individual and collaborative writing among students; students are also encouraged to integrate artificial intelligence where appropriate and to cite all of their sources. Students publish all writing on their own websites to better understand the impact that their work can potentially have on audiences.

Feel free to contact me with any questions at andrea.efthymiou@qc.cuny.edu.